Monday, July 23, 2012

Southern belle?

Hi guys! I hadn't done my nails for a few days since I was really enjoying those alien heads I had posted last week. I have this Sally Girl color that I love and wasn't sure exactly what to do with it. I used it as the base color for this design. It's called "Epic" and it is like a neon blue. The photos I tried to take didn't really capture the loudness of this color, so this is the best I could do. What I love about it is even though it is kind of a neon (seriously, it made my eyes hurt when it was plain), it's NOT a matte finish. I like a matte finish, but I don't want to be trapped with it, you know. And even if I wanted it matte, that's what matte topcoat is for, right? :) Anyway, I have been jones-ing for blue...in search of a bottle of Essie's "Bikini so Teeny" which is sold out everywhere I have looked...so I settled for this right now. I used Konad special polish in pastel blue with a Konad plate M56 for the bow motif, and a dotting tool for the polka dots. Even with the tool, I hate my polka dotting skills. I always want to add too many. I think this came out cute though. It reminds me of a southern belle, or Blue Bonnet margarine. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment