Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hampstead Gardens

I'm always in search of a yellow polish that I can pull off with my skin tone. So far I've had no luck. While shopping online, I noticed that Sephora had this Nails Inc color on clearance, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
By itself, it reminded me of all those great 70's kitchen appliances. Also, in indoor lighting, it almost looked nude on me...Am I mustard color? I decided to jazz it up a little, make it more "Autumn" and used a brown gradient effect. This is actually in outdoor, natural lighting. Looks kind of weak, I know, but the weather is not cooperative as the remnants of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaac close in. The color is called "Hampstead Gardens" and I used Konad Princess polish in Brown for the gradient. This is actually a plate by Bundle Monster and not the sponging technique. I like that plate, and actually was the reason I bought the set in the first place. I don't know how I feel about the polish overall, but it's a unique color to have around. I only needed 2 coats and it dried to a smooth shiny finish, top coat not really needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment