Monday, November 5, 2012

Remember Remember the 5th of November

If you have no idea what this is all in reference to, I'll give you a little info. November 5th is Guy Fawkes day in Britain. I live in the US and I am not British, but that's ok. (Who celebrates Cinco de Mayo and is not Mexican? Same thing) If you've seen the movie "V for Vendetta" then you know what it's all about. In a nutshell, equalities for lower classes than the rich. Is this why election day in the US is close to this date? I don't remember history well, so I really don't know, but it seems like it lines up well :) I fully accept my ignorance. Anyway, this is my Guy Fawkes day mani. (He's the person who led this movement) This is not my best work, but whatever. I had used the base of my Halloween polish, 3 coats of China Glaze "Liquid Leather". I had gotten a bottle of Zoya "Storm" in the mail on Thursday...OMG...drool, swoon, dead. So I tried it on top of the black. Then it chipped a little and I put another coat on to cover. I had not put on a top coat because I was "playing around" with the polish and didn't think I'd keep it on. Anyway, here we are about 8 coats of polish later and I used my Chez-Delaney plate D25 with Konad Special polish in White. Then, viola! Guy Fawkes manicure! Hope you enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment